Keywords: Utility Manager, Utility, Chilling Plant, Utility Maintenance, Plant Maintenance
Role Purpose: Job Title: Manager - Utilities
Reports to: VP Facilities Management
Department: Facilities Management BAND MB-2
• To manage the P&L of Utilities business independently
• To direct and manage the overall operation of the production and/or distribution of utilities (chilled water, gas, domestic water, TSE water and electrical systems), the maintenance of these systems within all Al Hamra Real Estate owned or operated properties and the contracted 3rd Party specialist service providers.
• The Utilities Manager will ensure that all assigned Al Hamra Real Estate facilities are operational, efficient and safe, with regular condition monitoring.
• The work performance of and relationship with 3rd Party service providers and vendors contracted to Al Hamra Real Estate will be under the supervision of the Utilities Manager.
• The Utilities Manager assists the VP of Facilities Management, in developing, implementing, documenting and administering plans for sustainability, energy savings and financial savings targets for all Al Hamra Real Estate owned and managed properties.
• The Utilities Manager enforces statutory regulations governing utilities management and ensures that Al Hamra Real Estate, owned and managed properties are aligned and adherent to these regulations.
• To rationalise rates/charges and optimise consumption
1. Assist the VP, Facilities Management by developing utilities management plan, in line with departmental KPI’s, for savings and efficiency. Including the development, implementation and regular update of standard operating procedures to economize operations and ensure utilities savings targets are met.
2. Improve Al Hamra Real Estate utility-related facilities by developing long range plans for upgrading systems within the area of responsibility and recommending replacement of equipment within the area of responsibility.
1. Manage the performance of utilities the entire team and 3rd party service providers, in line with the organisational requirements to achieve strategic immediate and long-term objectives.
1. Serve as account manager for utilities interaction with all outside stakeholders, e.g. FEWA, other utility providers etc. This includes operations, administrative and commercial aspects.
2. Maintains an energy efficient environment by ensuring all energy management systems, (including utility meters) are maintained in accordance with the applicable standards and that all systems are operational at all times
3. 4. Minimize institutional liability regarding the Al Hamra Real Estate’s compliance with federal regulations, by interacting with the relevant government stakeholders and ensuring compliance with all related legislation.
4. Monitor utilities services contracts to ensure compliance and effective performance
5. Manage clients and service providers in a professional manner in order to accomplish sustained positive image and maintain and increase the company’s reputation.
6. Organise regular stakeholder meetings, using them to communicate and implement new energy saving measures, processes and discuss any issues and updates.
7. Practice personal continuous improvement by attending relevant courses run by equipment suppliers and 3rd party service providers, continuously updating skills and knowledge. Understand the standards the company is working with and undergo the companies training.
8. Attend appraisals in line with the company policy and procedures.
9. Contribute to the overall success of the Facilities Management by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
10. Conduct studies and oversees the implementation of mandated environmental reports such as water audits, leak detection surveys and water quality reports
11. Coordinate the modification and improvement of facilities and systems to increase efficiency while reducing operating costs.
12. Work with external experts to augment understanding of Systems and Utilities in order to continuously improve efficiencies
13. Develop, implement and communicate improved processes, policies and procedures on a continuous basis, always seeking greater efficiencies and higher customer satisfaction.
14. Supervise the observance of all guidelines, instructions and conditions applicable to the Facilities Management Division, as laid down by U.A.E. law, and Al Hamra Real Estate.
Key Performance Indicators
• % reduction of costs
• % Increase in profitability
• No interruption of operations and Business continuity.
• Achieving of contractual SLA’s and KPI’s
Education/Qualification, Skills, Competencies and Experience
Identify the recruitment specifications needed to perform this job at fully-acceptable level
• Industry Related Degree
• UAE Driving licence
• Industry Certifications
b. Experience (experience required for the job)
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Managerial position
• Exposure to a multicultural environment
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving exp in med to large organisation
• Proven track record in utilities management
• 2-5 years’ experience in the GCC market
c. Skills (general job knowledge & skills)
• P&L Management
• Staff management
• Operations Management
• Problem solving
• Planning and Organizing
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Project management
• Commercial and negotiation